Easy keto broccoli cheesy breadsticks are quick to make and are a great low carb and gluten free appetizer. It's a great way to sneak something green into your food. A delicious combination of cheese and broccoli baked in a bread stick form.
There is no almond flour or coconut flour to bind these vegetable breadsticks, making them a great option for anyone with nut or coconut allergies. Once again, broccoli is stepping into the shoes of cauliflower and is holding up rather well with these cheesy bread sticks. It would make a great low carb pizza base too. Extra cheese on the top is optional but the Chief Taster demanded it for this batch.
These broccoli cheesy breadsticks are delicious paired with a Marinara sauce. It adds to the almost pizza-like taste that these bread sticks have. Soft and gooey, you would not think that you are munching into a head of broccoli. Broccoli goes so well with cheese that this is an easy recipe with winning flavour combinations.
Broccoli Cheesy Breadsticks Baking Tips
Parchment paper is a must! I tried this with grease proof paper and the mixture stuck to one side. We had to scrape it off with a knife and it did not look good. Tasted lovely, just looked a green and cheesy mess. I've also played around with this by adding coconut flour and ground flax seed to make it a bit firmer. It was not as nice as this one. Perhaps when you have a plain and simple recipe you should just leave it alone!
More Low Carb Breadstick Recipes to Enjoy
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE
Broccoli Cheesy Breadsticks
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese for topping optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli in a food processor and blitz until it looks like small breadcrumbs.
- Put the broccoli in a bowl with the other ingredients and stir well.
- Spread out on the baking tin and cook for 20 minutes. If you are adding cheese for the topping put it on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and cut into sticks
- Eat and enjoy!