These cheesy cauliflower breadsticks are baked with fresh rosemary and just smell divine whilst baking. If the smell cannot tempt you, the low carbs of 1g net carb per stick will!
Many of us low carbers have now enjoyed many a cauliflower pizza or some form of cauliflower breadstick. We often enjoy a cheesy cauliflower breadstick and I hang my head in shame as I just throw it all together, make no note of the ingredient measurements, bake it and eat it. It’s high time I shared our cauliflower bread stick delight with you.
There is something about the smell of fresh rosemary I just adore. It almost ties in with fresh basil for me. Rosemary goes so well with cheese, I added a few tablespoons of chopped rosemary to my cauliflower cheesy breadsticks. The result was delicious and smelt so good baking, you should be able to purchase that smell in an air freshener! You could add dried rosemary but it’s not quite the same.
I will add that I don’t squeeze the life out of my cauliflower rice after cooking it. I don’t find it necessary but if yours does look a bit on the soggy side, then feel free to squeeze any excess water out of it. Sometimes I don’t bother to cook the cauliflower rice beforehand. I just throw it in a bowl with the other ingredients, mix, bake and eat. There’s been no complaints to the kitchen from the Chief Taster so far (and boy, he can be a complainer!).
This cauliflower breadstick recipe is one of my quick and easy recipes. Especially when we are both on the verge of “hangry” , but I don’t want to spent ages cooking up a meal. When you need something with flavour, substance and filling, reach for that head of cauliflower. You can’t fail!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons Rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Grate the cauliflower or place in a food processor to make cauliflower rice
- Place a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave for 3 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool enough to handle
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Add the rosemary, garlic powder, mozzarella, salt, pepper and egg to the cauliflower rice.
- Stir well until combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture onto the try and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden
- Scatter with the ½ cup grated Mozzarella and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and cut into breadsticks
- Eat, serve with a side sauce if desired.