This easy keto baked brie makes a great appetizer for holidays, parties and gatherings. The sharpness of the cranberries pairs so well with the creaminess of the brie.
The brie cheese is baked with a topping of plump cranberries and walnuts with a dash of bourbon. Serve with keto crackers for a great holiday appetizer.
How to choose a wheel of Brie
As with any recipe, the quality of the ingredients is everything. When selecting a wheel of Brie to make you don't want it too ripe nor not ripe enough!
A ripe wheel of brie should be slightly springy and bulging at the rind. If it has a liquid feel it is over ripe.
How to make keto baked brie
The brie needs to be baked so that the cheese is gooey but not melted. The rind of the brie helps to keep the gooey baked cheese inside but you need a hot, pre-heated oven too.
Once the brie has been baked, take it out of the oven and serve it warm with low carb crackers.
The cranberry topping
The topping is made with cranberries and baked with them on top. Some baked brie recipes add the cranberry sauce once baked which you could do too.
We have used a mixture of fresh cranberries, a touch of orange zest, low carb sweetener and chopped walnuts. A dash of bourbon was added for some holiday flair, but that's entirely optional.
What to serve with keto baked brie
These creamy baked cheese is great served with low carb bread slices, crackers or vegetable crudites. When you cut into the cooked brie the cheese will ooze out. Use crackers as a spoon or spread it over slices of our low carb walnut bread. For the crackers try our almond flour crackers or our crispy flaxseed crackers.
Other Recipe Topping Suggestions
If you are not a fan of cranberries, the baked brie can be served with other toppings.
- Toasted nuts with garlic and herbs
- Pecans in a sugar free caramel sauce
- Sliced garlic mushrooms with thyme
If you are adding bourbon to the cranberry sauce, this can be replaced with whiskey or rum.
More keto brie recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Baked Brie
- 12 oz wheel of brie
- ½ cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup brown monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons bourbon optional
- ¼ cup water
Make the cranberry sauce
- Place the cranberries, water, sweetener and orange zest in a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until the cranberries have started to pop.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the chopped walnuts and the bourbon (optional)
Bake the Brie
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place the brie on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or in a non-stick baking dish.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce over the top of the brie wheel.
- Bake the cheese for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is warm and soft.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.