Low carb flaxseed crackers are flavoured with Parmesan cheese making them a delicious savoury low carb and gluten free snack.
I enjoy a crunchy cracker with my cheese and these low carb crackers hit the spot. It helps that they have a cheesy taste too! Enjoy them smothered with a cream cheese spread or with a plate of cheese slices and olives.
These great keto crackers have all the nutritional benefits of Flax seed that include high fibre, Omega 3-fatty acids (great for us Vegetarians), a good source of magnesium, high levels of lignans and low in carbs.
How to make flaxseed crackers
Flaxseed meal is the main ingredient for these keto crackers. You can purchase bags of it ready ground or you can make your own by grinding flax seeds in a coffee grinder or food processor.
You can use either golden or brown flaxseed. I think the golden flaxseed has a smoother taste but it's just a personal preference.
The thinner you roll the flaxseed mixture, the cruncher the cracker will be.
Try adding other flavours or herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavour.
More low carb crackers to enjoy
This recipe was originally published in 2011 and has been updated with better photos and a recipe card.
FlaxSeed Crackers with Parmesan
- 1 cup flaxseed ground
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon thyme optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- Heat the oven to 200C/ 400 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a dough like mixture.
- Place a parchment sheet on a baking tray. Place the dough on the parchment and cover with another sheet of parchment paper (it's the best way to roll out this mixture). Roll out the mixture but do not let it get too thin.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-18 mins. You don't want the centre too be too soft, but keep an eye on the edges as they may burn.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter/knife.
- Enjoy alone or slathered with a dip. Or some cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.