This low carb savoury quiche is packed with broccoli and brie cheese, making it perfect for an easy dinner or light lunch.
I find that a quiche is an easy option to have with a side salad. Served hot or cold it is a filling low carb meal. Almond flour is used to make the low carb quiche pastry and has a rich, buttery texture. When you slice the quiche the crust may crumble, so treat it gently.
Broccoli is normally paired with Cheddar cheese but for this broccoli quiche I used soft and creamy brie cheese. I’ve also made this broccoli quiche with a soft herb brie which was just as delicious. If you can’t find a good brie, then a cheeky Camembert will be a great replacement.
Ensure that you use a ripe brie for full flavour. When Brie is ripe, the outside should be firm. When pressed with fingertips at the centre of the cheese, the body should yield gently and be supple. If it resists, the cheese is not yet ripe. If it gives way completely, the cheese is overripe. If you get thrown out of the supermarket for squeezing and poking the brie you may have been a bit over zealous!
Choose a French brie. No one else makes Brie as good as the French.
Brie in a tinned can should be thrown out. It’s an abomination to the cheese industry!
Feel free to add some ham or bacon to this broccoli quiche too. Both would go well with the flavours of brie and broccoli. It keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, with any leftovers making a great lunch box addition too!
Other Quiche Recipes
Broccoli Brie Quiche
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 8 oz brie cut into pieces
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoon cream heavy/whipping
- Preheat the oven to 1900C/375F degrees
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter (or cooking spray)
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour and butter together with your hands until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dish and press the mixture into the dish evenly until you have a crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and remove from the oven to slightly cool. Keep the oven on.
- Parboil the broccoli florets for 3-5 minutes, then run under the cold tap to cool and retain the colour.
- Arrange the broccoli florets in the quiche crust.
- Scatter the spring onions and brie around the broccoli.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and season with the salt & pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the quiche is firm and set.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $12.99Was: $44.00