Easy keto cheese crackers made with almond flour. The texture is firm with a slight crunch and a great cheese flavor. Perfect for a low carb & gluten free snack or appetizer and great with dips.
These crackers are made with Cheddar cheese and almond flour. I’ve added garlic powder for a slight flavor but also like to use cayenne pepper. Depending on the type of Cheddar cheese that you are using, you may need to add a couple of teaspoons of water to help bind the dough.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHEESE CRACKERS
The cracker dough is made with a food processor to blend the ingredients into a dough quickly. I’ve made this by hand a few times too which took a strong arm but memories of pounding a bread dough. A blender could be used too.
The heat of the processor will warm the cheese and the mixture will turn from a breadcrumb like mixture into a dough. The dough is rolled out, cut into squares and baked.
Other Low Carb Crackers to Enjoy
Keto Almond Flour Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 2 tablespoons water optional to bind dough
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Grate the cheese. It's best to use block Cheddar rather than ready shredded.
- Place the cheese, almond flour and seasonings in a food processor.
- Blitz until the mixture goes from breadcrumbs into a dough. Add water to bind if necessary.
- Roll out the dough in between two layers of parchment paper. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker will be. I roll mine out to about 1 cm thick.
- Cut the dough into squares (I use a pizza cutter). The size can vary.
- Place the squares on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the squares over to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove to cool. As they cool they will harden.
This recipe was originally posted in August 2011. I've updated the photos and recipe card. The ingredients are still the same!