This recipe makes a nice firm savoury cracker that is great for dips. Almond meal is nice for this too as it gives it a more grainy texture. I sometimes jazz it up with a bit of chilli powder if I am feeling in a reckless mood..
1 Cup of Cheddar cheese
1 Cup of Almond Flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn garlic powder
2-3 Tblspn of water to bind the mixture
- Heat the oven to 180c/350F
- Blend all the ingredients together and then add water to make a dough.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray and place the dough on that. Then cover the dough with another piece of greaseproof paper (this is the best way to roll out this mixture). Use a roller to flatten out the mixture. Do not roll too thin.
- Remove the top layer of greaseproof paper. Score the dough into squares and then triangles.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Do not let the mixture get too dark. (Tip, if you add chilli powder to this for “zing” the mixture seems to darken quickly).
- Flip the mixture over for another five minutes.
- Remove and break off into pieces using the score lines.
- Enjoy with dips or by themselves.