Easy keto cheese crackers made with almond flour. The texture is firm with a slight crunch and a great cheese flavor. Perfect for a low carb & gluten free snack or appetizer and great with dips.
This is a very personal recipe for me as I used to sell packets of these tasty gluten-free crackers in a farmer's market back when we lived in Dubai. They were one of my best selling items too.
These crackers are made with Cheddar cheese and almond flour. I’ve added garlic powder for a slight flavor but also like to use cayenne pepper. Depending on the type of Cheddar cheese that you are using, you may need to add a couple of teaspoons of water to help bind the dough.
Just 3 basic ingredients plus the seasoning are need to make these tasty low carb cheese crackers
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHEESE CRACKERS
Although making these almond flour crackers is the same process you can shape them two ways.
- Roll out in between 2 layers of parchment paper and cut into squares.
- Roll the dough out into a cylinder shape and slice into circle shaped biscuits.
The cracker dough is made with a food processor to blend the ingredients into a dough quickly. I’ve made this by hand a few times too which took a strong arm but memories of pounding a bread dough. The heat of the processor will warm the cheese and the mixture will turn from a breadcrumb like mixture into a dough.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blitz into a dough.
- Roll into a log.
- Cover with parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Place the cut biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake.
The Cheddar cheese needs to be of good quality. Those cheap waxy brands will not yield a good cracker.
Be careful not to over cook them as the bottoms of the crackers may burn if left too long.
These crackers are delicate when warm. Allow them to cool completely before handling them.
Other Low Carb Crackers to Enjoy
Goats Cheese Rosemary Crackers
This recipe was originally posted in August 2011. I've updated the photos and recipe card. The ingredients are still the same!
Keto Almond Flour Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 2 tablespoons water optional to bind dough
- 6 tablespoons butter cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Grate the cheese. It's best to use block Cheddar rather than ready shredded.
- Place the cheese, butter, almond flour and seasonings in a food processor.
- Blitz until the mixture goes from breadcrumbs into a dough. Add water to bind if necessary.
- Roll out the dough in between two layers of parchment paper. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker will be. I roll mine out to about 1 cm thick.
- Cut the dough into squares (I use a pizza cutter). The size can vary.
- Place the squares on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the squares over to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the dough from the parchment paper and slice into ¼ inch thick circles.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove to cool. As they cool they will harden.
Hi - so butter is in your ingredients shot, but not in the recipe. Should it be in the recipe, and if so, how much?
It's 6 tablespoons of butter. I've updated the recipe card. Thank you for letting me know.
Thanks for this recipe. When you flipitover do you remove the grease proof paper which had been on the bottom?
Glad you like the recipe Jenny. I normally replace the bottom sheet with a fresh one. But you could always flip over the paper too!