These mini crustless Quiche can be served as an appetizer, part of your party platter, a nice delight in your lunch box or a tasty snack. I was glad that the Chief Taster was away travelling when I made these as I got to "sample" all of these myself. Only a few made it to the next day. They are great cold too!
The sweetness of the onion with the touch of garlic lifts the flavour for me. I HAVE to make this flavour combination in a frittata! Although I used dried rosemary you could use any other herb to your personal taste.
Mini Brie & Caramelised Onion Crustless Quiches
- 4 oz Brie cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper cute into small pieces
- 2 onions peeled & chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled & chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the onions and garlic for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring to ensure all of the mixture is cooked.
- Add the red pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Lightly grease the insides of a mini muffin tin (this mixture should make 15 mini muffins).
- Remove the onion and pepper mixture from the frying pan and place about a tablespoon of the mixture into the buttered muffin tin.
- Add the Brie cheese into the muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs and season with the dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for15-20 minutes.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.