This coconut flour flatbread is so versatile. You can use this for sandwich wraps, tortillas or even a quick pizza. It's keto, low carb, paleo, gluten free, egg free, dairy free and vegan so is suitable for most diets.
This coconut flour flatbread is another great use of psyllium husk powder in a grain free bread recipe and is very easy to make too. Since psyllium and coconut flour are high in fibre this bread is very filling. Make sure you drink a lot of water!
Versatile keto flatbread
You can use this keto flatbread for dipping with sauces, spread with pate or load it up like a open sandwich. Try it for the shrimp taco recipe. Use it like a sandwich wrap, make a mini pizza...just have fun and enjoy it! You could play around with the spices too, perhaps add chillis? It also makes a great low carb naan bread to serve alongside a curry.
Egg free coconut flour flatbread
Not only is this coconut flour flatbread gluten free, it is a great vegan option as it is also egg free. Thanks to the psyllium husk powder it binds the bread without having to need an egg and there is no "eggy" after taste that some low carb breads can have
Keto bread cooking tips
I used a griddle pan to cook these flat breads as I liked the markings it gave on the bread too. However, I am currently without a griddle pan so cook it in my frying pan which still gives a great results, just without the pretty lines. When you cook in a frying pan it should puff up a bit, rather like a naan bread.
- My dough is too moist - Gradually add more psyllium husk powder until you get a dough. Add about a teaspoon at time and work it into the dough.
- My dough is too crumbly - Add more water and work the dough gradually. I always advise adding the water in the recipe a bit at a time as different coconut flour brands can yield different results.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO
Other low carb breads to make
Coconut Flour & Psyllium Flatbread
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk.
- Add the oil and blend well. It will look like a nut butter.
- Add the boiling water, half at a time and blend until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls.
- Roll the balls between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten out.
- Either use them flattened or cut them into a circle with a saucepan lid.
- Dry fry in a pan for 2– 3 minutes each side, until golden.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.