These easy keto shrimp tacos are flavoured with spices and lime making a great lunch or dinner. Quick, delicious and great served with coleslaw and a low carb tortilla.
Shrimp are seasoned with chilli, cumin, garlic and onion powder with lime juice for a tangy and spicy flavour. The lime juice helps mix the spices into a paste which coats the shrimps. Reach for a low carb taco and you have a quick and tasty meal!
Once you realise how easy these low carb shrimp tacos are to make they will appear on your menu weekly! I wish I had made this recipe sooner as it is a great option for when the Chief Taster is hangry and I’m not in the mood to prepare a dish with 101 ingredients that keeps me in the kitchen for hours. Or what I call Friday.
How to make keto shrimp tacos
Making low carb tacos is easy as you just need a flexible low carb tortilla or taco recipe. I used a keto flatbread recipe, but you can speed up your meal by purchasing low carb tortillas too. Many large stores now stock them (but sadly not where I live).
It’s as simple as tossing the shrimp in a mixture of chilli, cumin, garlic & onion powder with lime juice then cooking on a heated pan or skillet. I like to cook the shrimp in butter to make them extra moist and it also gives you a little sauce to pour over the shrimp, but you could use olive or coconut oil instead.
To make life easier make a batch of keto taco seasoning and keep a jar of it to hand. It's a better choice than the shop bought packets.
How to serve shrimp tacos
You can serve these shrimp tacos with a variety of fillings to compliment the spices. A few suggestions are:
- Coleslaw - A creamy or spicy coleslaw works well. For extra heat try a chipotle coleslaw. If you are stuck for a coleslaw recipe, I have a collection of 25 for you to choose from!
- Avocado - Sliced or chopped as a salsa.
- Tomatoes - Sliced cherry tomatoes or a low carb tomato salsa or salsa verde.
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream
For the tacos you have a variety of options:
For a quick meal, store bought low carb tortillas or wraps can be used.
Add your own twist to the spice mix with the addition of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper.
If you don’t have lime juice, lemon juice can be used.
For a chicken dish, try our keto chicken taco recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Shrimp Tacos
- 16 medium shrimps peeled & de-veined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix the spices and lime juice in a shallow bowl. Toss the shrimp in the spices, ensuring that they are all covered.
- Heat the butter a skillet or frying pan on a medium hot heat and when the butter has melted, add the shrimps.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turning over the shrimp to ensure even cooking.
- Place the shrimp on a low carb tortilla and pour the remaining juices from the pan over the shrimp.
- Serve with coleslaw, lettuce and other salad toppings.
Nutritional Info for the shrimp & flatbread: 153 calories, 7g protein, 10g fat, 9g carbs, 4g fibre. 5g net carbs You will need to adjust the nutritional information of your meal if you add other toppings and sides. The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.