This frittata recipe combines cauliflower with spinach and blue cheese that together makes a tasty and colourful lunch dish!
I love frittatas but sometimes the challenge is coming up with new fillings. Here I have used cauliflower for the main which goes lovely with the blue cheese. A very yummy lunch or light supper. This is a great low carb dish too! You could substitute the blue cheese with the cheese of your choice.
This frittata is baked in a dish in the oven which is a slight change for me. I normally cook my frittatas in a frying pan, then finish off under the grill. It worked out well, so I may start baking more frittatas from now on.
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 spring onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
100g spinach leaves
80g blue cheese
1/2 cup cream
1 tblspn olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the spring onion, cauliflower and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the cauliflower is slighty golden.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further minute.
- Spread the mixture in a casserole/oven bowl and crumble the blue cheese over.
- Beat the eggs and cream together and season.
- Pour the egg mixture over cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy!