This pumpkin frittata recipe has a combination of pumpkin and spinach. A dish with the flavours of autumn, but I munched this happily during spring!
As you may know by now, I love a frittata. As well as being a great way to use up leftovers it is a great lunch/supper dish that is simple and tasty to make. You could add cheese to this, either Parmesan or Feta but I have been eating too much cheese recently so made it without.
The vibrant colours of the orange pumpkin and green spinach make this dish look tempting. I do love a colourful plate of food next to my wine! 😉
350g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
225 g fresh spinach (or frozen, defrosted)
8 eggs, beaten
1/2 tspn ground nutmeg
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn pepper
3 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the pumpkin and onion and saute for 5 minutes until golden in colour.
- Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for a further 5 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the garlic and spinach, seasoning and stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes for the spinach to wilt.
- Remove the cover, add the beaten eggs and cook over a low heat until the eggs are starting to set.
- Place the pan under a hot grill and cook until the eggs are set and the frittata is golden.
- Eat and enjoy!