A frittata made with the classic Italian salad ingredients of tomato, avocado, mozzarella and basil. All the ingredients of a salad but in a frittata! A great dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. Or even breakfast should the mood take you!
I had all the ingredients for a classic Italian tri-colour salad in the fridge but had a lunch time hankering for a frittata. I have previously admired an avocado frittata recipe and thought why not throw the other ingredients into a pan too. It is bright and colourful with the taste lifted by the basil leaves. The mozzarella cheese gives a delightful softness to the frittata too. Perfect served with a leafy salad on a summer’s day!
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 125g ball of fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole basil leaves
- 2 tblspn olive/coconut oil
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/ 2 tspn black pepper
- Beat the eggs thoroughly in a bowl and season.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in an 8 inch frying pan.
- Before the pan gets too hot, layer the avocado, tomato, basil leaves and mozzarella around the pan in a circle.
- Pour the egg mixture over and cook for 7-10 minutes until the bottom half is firm.
- Place until a grill for another 5 - 7 minutes until the frittata is firm and golden on the top.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per quarter: 304 Calories, 25g Fat, 8g Total Carbs, 5g Net Carbs, 3g Fibre, 3g Protein
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes