With this homemade keto Cajun seasoning mix, you can add a burst of authentic Cajun flavors to your dishes. This aromatic blend of herbs and spices will tantalize your taste buds and elevate your meals to new heights.
The Chief Taster loved this spice mix and now requests it with chicken and fish. It's great to have a jar of this on hand to make an easy spicy dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Carbs in Cajun Spice Mix
A store bought Cajun seasoning mix may have maltodextrin or sugar added to the ingredients which will increase the carb content. Making your own Cajun seasoning is an easy low carb option. This recipe makes a total of 8 tablespoons with 3 grams net carbs a tablespoon.
Grab your spices and herbs to make a Cajun mix. Feel free to adjust the quantities of spices to suit your personal taste preferences.
How to Make a Cajun Spice Mix
Making your own Cajun spice mix is easy and great to have to hand when cooking.
Place all the spices and dried herbs in a bowl.
Mix until combined.
Keep the spice mixture in an air tight glass jar and store out of sunlight. It should last for a few months.
Cajun Spice Usage
This homemade keto Cajun seasoning mix is incredibly versatile and can be used to add a delicious kick to a wide variety of dishes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Cajun Chicken: Rub the seasoning mix generously onto chicken breasts or thighs before grilling, baking, or pan-frying.
- Spicy Shrimp: Toss shrimp in the seasoning mix and sauté with butter or olive oil for a quick and flavorful seafood dish.
- Cajun Alfredo Sauce - Add a couple of tablespoons of seasoning to the classic Alfredo sauce for a spicy, creamy sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables: Sprinkle the seasoning mix over a medley of roasted vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and cauliflower for a savory side dish.
- Blackened Fish: Coat fish fillets, such as snapper or tilapia, with the seasoning mix and cook in a hot skillet with a little oil until blackened and cooked through.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the spices: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, ground black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Taste the seasoning mix and adjust the amounts of spices according to your preference. Add more cayenne pepper for extra heat or increase the paprika for a smokier flavor.
- Transfer the seasoning mix to an airtight container or a spice jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place to maintain the flavors. Properly stored, the seasoning mix should last for several months.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.