Light and summery, this fritters are made with broccoli, feta and lemon.
I love the flavours of these fritters as the lemon lifts the saltiness of the feta and goes well with the broccoli. They can be great as a side dish, but sometimes I have these as a main with a salad. This is also a good way to sneak some green veggies into your family's diet. I am always up for sneaking healthy food into dishes. The Chief Taster is often stirring food suspiciously with a fork and asking me "have you put X in this!".
You could always make these ahead and let sit in the fridge before frying.
375g broccoli, chopped and trimmed florets
120 g feta, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
2 clove garlic, chopped
2 tblspn coconut flour
rind and juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tspn pepper
2-3 tspln olive oil
- Place the broccoli florets in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain the broccoli and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl and mash it gently with a fork.
- Add the egg and feta cheese and blend well.
- Add the coconut flour to blind, mix well and season with the pepper
- Take about a tablespoon ball of the mixture in your hands and make into patties. This should yield about 6-8 patties.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Place the patties in the pan and fry on each side until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 6 - 8