A warm broccoli dish with the saltiness of Halloumi cheese combined with the sweetness of tomatoes. Best served warm.
This is delicious warm but I can’t comment on what it’s like cold as the whole pan was devoured with nothing left over. The flavours are a delicious combination of salty, sharp and sweet. The mint and balsamic lifts this dish too but you could play around with the herbs if you wish. It’s a quick dish to make and perfect for a speedy supper dish.
- 1 300g head of broccoli cut into florets
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 250g Halloumi cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespon fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Halloumi cheese and cook until the cubes are golden, turning them throughout.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint and balsamic vinegar. Season with pepper.
- Eat and enjoy!