A breakfast muffin baked with flaxseed and almond flour is a healthy start to the day. Flavoured with cinnamon and nutmeg they are packed full of flavour too.
If you want to start your day eating cake, they enjoy a breakfast muffin. These flaxseed muffins are a great way to include flaxseed into your day too. The Chief Taster is not a great lover of flax but still requests these breakfast muffins as an alternative to eggs for breakfast. I think it's the cinnamon and spicy taste though.
Keto Flaxseed Muffins
The texture of these flaxseed muffins are almost wholemeal but with a nice spicy flavour of cinnamon and nutmeg. I use a lot of spice in this recipe, but feel free to change it to your own taste. Yes, that is a tablespoon of cinnamon. It's not a typo!
I like to add chopped nuts to these breakfast muffins too. The last batch I baked had chopped pecans and were delicious. Walnuts would be great too. Or perhaps a mix of nuts?
If you are looking for a breakfast muffin but are not a fan of flaxseed there are many coconut flour recipes with great muffins for a healthy low carb start to the day.
Other Flaxseed Recipe You May Enjoy
Breakfast Flaxseed Muffins
- 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350F degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- Add beaten eggs and melted butter to the dry mixture and mix well. If the mixture is a bit thick, add about ¼ cup water.
- Fill muffin cases just over half way with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove.
- Mix the additional cinnamon and melted butter then dip the tops of the muffin in this mixture (optional)
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe was originally published in 2011. I’ve updated the photos but the recipe is unchanged.