This is a lovely light, moist strawberry muffin made from almond flour. The flavour combination of strawberry and vanilla make this a great summer muffin.
Perhaps for an afternoon tea or something to eat whilst you watch the tennis as Wimbledon. Or you can just munch the lot in one evening as we did under the guise of taste testing!
I stepped away from my beloved coconut flour and make muffins from another low carb flour for a change! These strawberry muffins are pretty to look at and tasty to eat.
I used honey for the initial batch which made the muffin very moist but was not carb friendly. So another batch was made with a sugar substitute which was just as delicious. I used almond flour that is basically ground blanched almonds. The muffin batter will be very runny, but don’t panic..it cooks well into a moist muffin!
I will have to try and make these with my beloved coconut flour but if you are going to try this I would recommend that you increase the eggs and add a dash of extra water to keep the mixture as moist as this recipe.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Strawberry Vanilla Muffin
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup Strawberries chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, erythritoll and vanilla essence.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well. Add the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.