These light keto strawberry muffins are made with almond flour, making them a gluten-free muffin too. The flavor combination of strawberry and vanilla make this a great summer muffin.
With only a few net carbs per serving, these muffins are the perfect guilt-free treat for your low-carb lifestyle.
I stepped away from my beloved coconut flour and made a keto muffins recipe from another low carb flour for a change! These low carb strawberry muffins are pretty to look at and tasty to eat. Almond flour was used and the result is a muffin with a light texture and a summer flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
ARE STRAWBERRIES KETO?
Strawberries can be consumed on a keto diet in moderation, as they are relatively low in net carbs. One cup (150 grams) of whole strawberries contains approximately 11 grams of carbohydrates, of which 3 grams are fiber, resulting in a net carb count of 8 grams.
Grab a punnet of strawberries and a bag of almond flour and you are almost good to go!
- Almond flour - use finely ground almond flour for a light muffin.
- Strawberries - we use fresh and have not yet tried this with frozen strawberries.
- Almond milk - this could be substituted with tinned coconut milk.
- Sweetener - allulose is used but any other low carb sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener or Swerve work just as well.
- Eggs - ensure that they are at room temperature before use.
- Butter - the melted butter could be replaced with coconut oil
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
Mix the dry ingredients
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
Add chopped fresh strawberries
Scoop muffin batter into cases and bake
KETO MUFFIN STORAGE
Once cool, store the muffins in the fridge in an airtight container and they will last up to 5 days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any other low carb berries such as blueberries, blackberries or raspberries can be used in place of the strawberries.
You can swap the almond flour with coconut flour but you will only need to use ½ cup of coconut flour.
However, on average, a medium-sized strawberry muffin can contain around 30-40 grams of carbohydrates. These low carb muffins have just 3g net carbs a muffin.
To freeze the muffins, place them in a zip lock bag or airtight container. Place them in the freezer and they should last up to 3 months.
WATCH THE MAKING OF THE KETO MUFFINS VIDEO
MORE KETO STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Strawberry Vanilla Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl mix the butter, almond milk, eggs, allulose and vanilla essence.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well. Add the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 20to 25 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.