This creamy keto Baileys Irish cream recipe is an easy low carb and gluten-free recipe that has all the taste and none of the sugar. Enjoy it on ice, in your coffee or over some ice cream.
If you like the original Irish cream liqueur then you will find that this sugar free Bailey’s Irish Cream is just as delicious.
I love Bailey’s Irish Cream and often say that it’s like a whiskey milkshake! Although it is not recommended you pour it out in those quantities! With homemade Irish Cream you can taste the whiskey more so it’s best to be enjoyed in moderation.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
WHAT ARE THE CARBS IN BAILEY’S IRISH CREAM?
The original Bailey’s Irish Cream has 10g carbs of sugar per 1.5 fluid ounce whereas this sugar version uses a sugar-free condensed milk which brings the sugar and carb content down to 1g net carbohydrates per serving.
All you need is just a few ingredients. We have not used a sweetener as the keto condensed milk was sweet enough for us, but you might want to add some to your own taste.
- Sugar free condensed milk - we use our own recipe for this. It helps provide the texture and sweetness.
- Whiskey - Use a good quality whiskey but not top shelf. A cheap whiskey will give your keto Baileys a less smooth taste.
- Coffee - Instant coffee granules are dissolved in hot water. You could try using instant espresso powder if you prefer a stronger coffee flavor.
- Cocoa - Use unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cream - heavy whipping cream is used.
- Almond extract - helps add to the original Baileys flavor
You might want to tweak the ingredients to your own taste. A good excuse for lots of taste testing!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BAILEY’S IRISH CREAM
Grab your ingredients and blend until smooth! It really is that simple.
All ingredients in a blender
Serve on ice
CHOOSING YOUR WHISKEY
The whiskey in a sugar free Irish cream can make all the difference. Whiskey varies in quality and although the expensive whiskey is smooth as a good rum, it would be a waste to use in this recipe. A cheap whiskey will give a harsher taste, so my recommendation is a mid-priced whiskey. I often use Jameson Irish Whiskey as it’s in the right price range and not too rough around the edges!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS KETO IRISH CREAM DAIRY FREE?
This can be made dairy-free using coconut milk in place of the cream and a keto coconut condensed milk.
Keep the Baileys Irish Cream in glass bottles in the fridge. It should last in the fridge for a couple of weeks. If it lasts that long! This is also the best way to use our sugar free condensed milk.
HOW TO USE LOW CARB BAILEYS
As well as enjoying a glass of sugar free Bailey's on ice, try it in our No Bake Irish Cream Cheesecake or Bailey's chocolate truffles. Add a dash to your Christmas morning coffee or simply pour it over a bowl of low carb ice cream.
OTHER KETO-FRIENDLY DRINKS TO ENJOY
Enjoy an alcoholic beverage on a low carb diet without the sugar. Here are a couple of recipes you might like.
Sugar Free Baileys
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1.75 cups sugar free condensed milk link for recipe above
- 1.5 cups whiskey
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules dissolved in hot water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust to personal preference (tweak with the cream, whiskey and condensed milk).
- To store, pour into a clean glass bottle and keep refrigerated.
- Serve over ice with a sprinkle of nutmeg & cinnamon
If you wish to make a diary free version, how much coconut milk do you use? 1 cup to replace the heavy cream? Then what do you replace the 1.75 cup of sugar free condensed milk with?
I'd try this recipe but use a low carb sweetener. https://simpleveganblog.com/vegan-baileys/
Store in the fridge? I'm surprised it gets to last that long! 🙂
Hee hee! It is a feat of willpower....but once the bottle is opened does not have a chance to evaporate...