A low carb coquito recipe for lovers of this coconut rum cocktail. Coquito originates from Puerto Rico and is a perfect drink for the holidays.
Although there may be some versions of Coquito that use egg yolk making it a coconut nog, the traditional recipe of coquito does not. This creamy festive drink has coconut cream, coconut milk, keto condensed milk and rum in it. Subtle flavours of cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg make this a delicious rum drink.
If you want to learn more about coquito, this is a great start. I love the reference of “eggnog’s better tasting sassy cousin”! https://thenoshery.com/coquito-puerto-rican-coconut-nog/
How to make keto coquito
An easy recipe for the holiday with minimum fuss, making a coquito is as simple as placing the ingredients in a blender. Giving it a blitz, adjust for any spices and rum. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and then serve.
I used my sugar free condensed milk to make this. The link for this recipe is here: Sugar Free Condensed Milk
Sip carefully as it can be quite strong and Feliz Navidad!
The traditional Coquito is made with Pureto Rican rum but you can use any white rum you can find. I use delicious St Lucia white rum, but I’m rather spoilt for rum here!
Once stored in the fridge, the drink may solidify due to the coconut. Take it out of the fridge for about 15 minutes and give it a good shake.
OTHER LOW CARB COCKTAILS TO SIP
Low Carb Coquito
- 1 cup coconut cream tinned
- 1 1/2 cups rum, white adjust the amount for personal taste
- 1 cup keto condensed milk recipe link above
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Adjust to taste with the spices and rum. If you don’t like your drink too strong add half a cup of rum at a time.
- Pour into a bottle or jug with lid and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled or over ice.