These Air Fryer Salmon Bites are a testament to the versatility of the air fryer. With their bold flavors and delightful crunch, they make for a perfect appetizer or snack. Whether you're a seafood lover or looking to add more variety to your air fryer repertoire, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, fire up your air fryer and enjoy the scrumptiousness of these Cajun salmon bites in the comfort of your home!
When it comes to quick and delicious meals, the air fryer is a game-changer. Its ability to cook food evenly while reducing the need for oil makes it a go-to appliance for many home cooks. If you're looking for a seafood dish that packs a punch of flavor and is ready in no time, look no further than these Air Fryer Cajun Salmon Bites.
These salmon bites are spicy and easy to prepare. They’re a delicious low-carb, keto-friendly snack that’s way better for you than breaded fish. Try them with a creamy dip for added flavor and crunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is not only a delicious and versatile fish, but it is also packed with numerous health benefits. High in protein, low in carbs, salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
We use our homemade Cajun seasoning for this recipe but you could season the salmon with other flavors or even air fry plain.
We remove the salmon skin for these bites and set aside for a salmon jerky dog treat recipe. If you are a fan of the skin, it can be left on. Or purchase skinless salmon fillets.
Other Salmon Bites Seasoning Suggestions
Although we love the Cajun seasoning for this salmon bites recipe, try these other flavors:
- Lemon Herb: Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the salmon bites and season them with dried herbs like dill, parsley, and thyme. This combination adds a refreshing and bright taste to the salmon.
- Garlic Butter: Melt some butter and mix it with minced garlic. Brush the salmon bites with the garlic butter mixture before air frying. The garlic butter adds richness and a delicious aroma to the dish.
- Teriyaki Glaze: Prepare a teriyaki glaze by combining soy sauce, keto honey, ginger, and garlic. Brush the glaze over the salmon bites before air frying to give them a sweet and savory Asian-inspired flavor.
- Spicy Chipotle: Create a spicy chipotle seasoning by mixing chipotle powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Coat the salmon bites with this seasoning for a smoky and spicy kick.
- Herbed Mustard: Combine Dijon mustard with chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Spread the herbed mustard mixture over the salmon bites before air frying. It adds a tangy and herbaceous flavor profile.
- Sweet and Spicy: Mix together keto honey, soy sauce, sriracha, and a squeeze of lime juice. Coat the salmon bites with this sweet and spicy glaze for a delightful balance of flavors.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
This is a quick and easy recipe that is ready in under 15 minutes.
Cut the salmon filet into chunks.
Toss the salmon into the marinade.
Place the salmon cubes in the air fryer basket.
Cook and eat.
If you have salmon leftovers or want to prepare air-fried salmon bites in advance, proper storage is key to maintain their freshness. Allow the air-fried salmon bites to cool down completely before storing them. This helps prevent moisture buildup and maintains their crispy texture.
Transfer the cooled salmon bites to an airtight container or a sealable plastic bag. Place them in the refrigerator. Properly stored, air-fried salmon bites can last for up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat the salmon bites in the air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Remember, while properly stored air-fried salmon bites can be enjoyed later, their texture may not be as crispy as when they were freshly cooked. Nevertheless, they can still be a tasty and convenient meal or snack option.
Add a protein-packed element to your salads by tossing a few air-fried salmon bites on top. The crispy exterior and tender interior of the salmon bites complement the fresh greens and vegetables perfectly. Drizzle your favorite dressing over the salad for added flavor.
Serve the salmon bites on a bed of cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. These lighter alternatives still provide a satisfying base for the salmon bites and allow you to enjoy a nutritious and flavorful meal.
Can Salmon Bites Be Made in the Oven?
Salmon bites can definitely be made in the oven if you don't have an air fryer or prefer to use the oven. Place the salmon bites on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes at 200C/400F degrees.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Enjoy your air fryer with these tasty low carb appetizers.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- ½ lb salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning mix
Prepare the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes. This will ensure that it's nice and hot when you're ready to cook the salmon bites.
Prepare the Salmon
- With a sharp knife, remove the skin from the salmon fillet. Cut the salmon fillet into small bite-sized pieces, about 1-2 inches in size. Pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Set aside.
Make the Seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well to ensure all the spices are evenly incorporated.
Coat the salmon
- Add the salmon chunks to the bowl with the seasoning and coat evenly.
Air fry the salmon bites
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Arrange the seasoned salmon bites in a single layer in the basket or tray, leaving space between each piece for even cooking. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the salmon bites in batches. Cook for 5-6 minutes at 200C/400F degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.