Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Paleo/ Snacks/ Vegetarian

Butter Cookies (Almond Flour)

These are soft, buttery cookies which are almost like shortbread.   The Chief Taster is a shortbread fiend and moaned that these were not thick enough.  I had to explain that these are cookies but I guess you could fashion the dough into larger sections and call it a short bread.  However, I think these would be lovely with other flavours, such as lemon.

The mixture is so easy to make, you could let your young children whip up a batch.  Then eat them all whilst they look on.

Butter Cookies

• Servings: 2-3
  • Difficulty: even my husband could make them

3/4 cup almond flour

1/8 tspn salt

3 tblspns Erythritol (or other sugar substitute)

2 tblspns butter

1/4 tspn vanilla essence

1 egg white

• Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
  • Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend into a dough.
  • Place the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
  • Roll tablespoons portions of the dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  • With the back of a spoon, press down on the dough balls to make cookie shapes.
  • Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
  • Eat and enjoy

Makes about 10 cookies

If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!

Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!

janie
    June 23, 2016 at 6:35 pm

OH!!! THANK YOU for the carb count info. 2.5 per cookie will make these tonight 🙂
    YUMMY! with hopes of them not falling FLAT outside at BBQ it SOOO Hot Texas we are all melting!!!! 🙂

Angela Coleby
      June 23, 2016 at 11:44 pm

No problem Janie! I hear you on the heat…summer in Dubai was Texas heat! Enjoy the BBQ!

Lisa
    May 13, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Just found your Blog and love it! These cookies, and your Hazelnut Orange cookies are just what I’m looking for to use in this really pretty shortbread pan I have. It has a snowflake impression and after the cookies come out you dust them with a powdered sweetener. I know it’s still Spring, (at least where I live) but Autumn is my favorite time of year and I was only able to use that pan once last year. As soon as you said your husband loves shortbread I knew. Thanks for the lovely recipes..

Angela Coleby
      May 13, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Glad you found me Lisa! Love the sound of the shortbread pan! Photos of the results please!

Michelle
    May 12, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Very easy and simple recipe. Very tasty and satisfied my craving thank you!!

Angela Coleby
      May 12, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Glad you enjoyed them! I keep meaning to play around with this recipe and add different flavours. Perhaps it is best left as it is..

September 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

Reblogged this on Divalicious Recipes and commented:

Simple gluten free cookies to start your week. Try and experiment with other flavours and let me know what worked for you!

issisk
    August 20, 2015 at 11:46 am

Hi, I would like to try this but how many gram is 3/4 cup almond flour?

August 20, 2015 at 2:36 pm

One cup is 96g so 3/4 of a cup will be about 72g. Happy baking!

linda
        September 21, 2015 at 10:36 am

I use 112g as 1 cup of almond flour.

Breanne
    December 2, 2013 at 2:45 am

Yummmm !! I just made these but I used coconut oil instead of butter and 2 additional tablespoons of erythritol. Such a delicious and sweet cookie that took no effort or time! Way to go with this one!

December 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Ooooh!! Breanne, coconut oil…genius! Will have to try this! Sounds fabulous!!

Sharon
        February 4, 2014 at 6:39 pm

want to make these but how many carbs are in each cookie?

February 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Hi Sharon. The net carbs for each cookie is 2.5g. Hope you enjoy them!

jamiemiD
    December 1, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I love the idea of this recipe. It sounds like something right up my alley. I don’t like very sweet things, and this sounds sweet enough to satisfy my husband the Cookie Monster without being too sweet for me. It will also be the perfect amount of cookies for two people. I can only hope he doesn’t eat them all before I get to taste one!

December 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm

LOL! I have the same problem with mine! I have to almost wrestle sweet things out of his hands!