These are soft, buttery cookies which are almost like shortbread. The Chief Taster is a shortbread fiend and moaned that these were not thick enough. I had to explain that these are cookies but I guess you could fashion the dough into larger sections and call it a short bread. However, I think these would be lovely with other flavours, such as lemon.
The mixture is so easy to make, you could let your young children whip up a batch. Then eat them all whilst they look on.
3/4 cup almond flour
1/8 tspn salt
3 tblspns Erythritol (or other sugar substitute)
2 tblspns butter
1/4 tspn vanilla essence
1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend into a dough.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Roll tablespoons portions of the dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- With the back of a spoon, press down on the dough balls to make cookie shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy
Makes about 10 cookies
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!