These delicious keto butter cookies have an almost shortbread taste. Just 4 ingredients are used to make this simple and easy cookie recipe. Baked with almond flour they are also gluten free and paleo.
Keto butter cookies are low in carbs but high in taste. The rich buttery flavour could almost convince you that they are the real thing!
Almond flour is a great low carb flour to bake cookies with. It helps gives these cookies a shortbread texture and does not overpower the flavour. Other low carb nut flours such as walnut or pecan could be uses as a replacement.
How to make keto butter cookies
Just 4 ingredients are need to make these low carb cookies:
- Almond flour
- Low carb sweetener - I prefer to use powdered low carb sweetener so that there is no grainy texture. I like a monkfruit/erythritol mix.
- Vanilla extract
When the cookies are fresh from the oven they will be very delicate to handle. You must allow them to cool completely.
I store my cookies in a sealed container and keep them in the fridge.
Instead of rolling out the dough and using a cookie cutter, use a cookie scoop to form cookies. Hand made rustic or even cut they taste the same!
The almond flour could be replaced with walnut flour or pecan flour. Coconut flour should not be used as it will make a dry cookie.
More Low Carb Cookies to Bake
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and has now been revised along with better photographs.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the powdered sweetener.
- Add the almond flour and vanilla extract and mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the cookie shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.