This is another great use of Psyllium in a grain free bread recipe and is very easy to make too. Since Psyllium and coconut flour are high in fibre this bread is very filling. Make sure you drink a lot of water! You can use this for dipping with sauces, spread with pate or load it up like a open sandwich. Use it like a sandwich wrap, make a mini pizza…just have fun and enjoy it! You could play around with the spices too, perhaps add chillis?
I found this recipe from a lovely blog http://clevercook.net.au/ which is full of awesome recipes! I used a griddle pan to cook them as I liked the markings it gave on the bread too.
60g coconut flour
2 tblspn psyllium husk powder (must be the powder form).
40g coconut oil (or melted butter)
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn baking powder
250g boiling water (boil it just as you need it)
herbs/garlic powder (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk.
- Add the oil and blend well. It will look like a nut butter.
- Add the boiling water, half at a time and blend until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the mixture into 3 large balls.
- Roll the balls between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten out.
- Dry fry in a pan for 2– 3 minutes each side, until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Makes 2-4.
Nutrition – Each :: 185 Calories; 12g Fat; 3g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!