This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This coconut flour flatbread is another great use of Psyllium in a grain free bread recipe and is very easy to make too. Since Psyllium and coconut flour are high in fibre this bread is very filling. Make sure you drink a lot of water! You can use this for dipping with sauces, spread with pate or load it up like a open sandwich. Use it like a sandwich wrap, make a mini pizza…just have fun and enjoy it! You could play around with the spices too, perhaps add chillis?
I used a griddle pan to cook them as I liked the markings it gave on the bread too. However, I am currently without a griddle pan so cook it in my frying pan which still gives a great results, just without the pretty lines.
Flatbread (Coconut Flour and Psyllium)
60g / (2oz) / 1/2 Cup – coconut flour
2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder (must be the powder form).
40g (1.48 fl oz) coconut oil (or melted butter)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
250g / (8.4oz) / 1 Cup boiling water (boil it just as you need it)
herbs/garlic powder (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk.
- Add the oil and blend well. It will look like a nut butter.
- Add the boiling water, half at a time and blend until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the mixture into 3 large balls.
- Roll the balls between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten out.
- Dry fry in a pan for 2– 3 minutes each side, until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Makes 2-4.
Nutrition – Each :: 185 Calories; 12g Fat; 3g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb
Never miss a recipe again! Sign up to my newsletter and also get a free eBook of low carb & gluten free recipes.