These keto zucchini fritters are an easy recipe that has the great flavour combination of zucchini, feta and mint. Enjoy them as a light lunch or low carb appetizer.
We have been enjoying these zucchini fritters for years. Long before we went low carb when I used wheat flour (oh, the shame!) but now I use coconut flour to bind the ingredient. The fritters are so fresh and light and quick to cook. It's a great way to use up your summer surplus of zucchini too! The marriage of zucchini, feta and mint is a solid one that will last many years with us as I do have a few other zucchini, feta and mint recipes.
How to make zucchini fritters
The key to making these keto zucchini fritters is to squeeze the water out of the grated zucchini. You could place the grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes to help remove the excess water. I squeeze mine out using a nut milk bag but you could use a strong kitchen towel or a muslin square.
Coconut flour is used to help bind these fritters but you could substitute this with almond flour too. I'd advise you add a couple of tablespoons at a time to the mixture until you get a consistency that is firm enough to fry.
What to serve with zucchini fritters
Delicious by themselves with a simple dip or mayonnaise with a dash of lime you could also serve them as a side dish to a fish or chicken dish.
A tip on squeezing out the excess water out of the zucchini. Use a nut bag! It's not only just for making your own nut milk!
Other low carb fritter recipes
Keto Zucchini Fritters with Feta & Mint
- 2 large zucchini
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 7 oz Feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess water. I use a nut bag to do this.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl and add the egg, garlic, spring onions and mint. Mix well.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the mixture. Mix and add the salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut flour and mix gently.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Form the mixture into small patties and fry for about 2-3 minutes and until golden. Turn over to cook the over side.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.