An easy recipe that has the great flavour combination of zucchini, feta and mint that make these low carb fritters a great option for lunch or even an appetizer.
I adore these…so fresh and light and quick to cook. The marriage of courgette, feta and mint is a solid one that will last many years and will probably see their silver anniversary with us. My original recipe used to have regular flour in it *swoons with horror* but I’ve now replaced it with coconut flour. Almond flour also works but I prefer the texture of coconut flour.
A tip on squeezing out the excess water out of the zucchini. Use a nut bag! It’s not only just for making your own nut milk!
- 2 large zucchini
- 4-5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tblspns coconut flour
- 4 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Grate the courgettes and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the garlic, egg, spring onions, mint. Mix well.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the mixture. Mix and all the salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut flour, mix gently.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Form the mixture into small patties and fry for about 2-3 minutes and until golden. Turn over to cook the over side.
- Eat and enjoy!