Light asparagus fritters made with asparagus and feta is a great light lunch for summer or an appetiser. Flavoured with dill, these asparagus fritters are full of flavour.
I grated the raw asparagus and then chopped the pieces up. You need to have asparagus that is fresh and not too wilted as it will not grate that well. Another way to prepare the asparagus for the fritters is to use a food processor to chop them.
Coconut flour was used to bind the asparagus fritters mixture but almond flour will work just as well. If the mixture is too loose to make into fritters, add some more flour. Chilling time in the fridge may firm the mixture up too, especially if you are using coconut flour as that sucks up moisture like a sponge.
Other Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus Feta Fritters
- 16 stalks asparagus
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate the asparagus and chop any large pieces.
- Add the feta, egg. spring onions, dill, coconut flour and seasoning. Mix thoroughly
- Shape into patties
- Heat the oil into a frying pan on a medium heat. Gently fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes each side until golden