These are not too spicy and next time I will be throwing in an extra chilli to give it a bit more heat for my own personal preference. The texture reminds me of my sweetcorn fritters but these are made from the low carb favourite, cauliflower. I also used coconut flour but you could try almond flour if you wished. A nice snack or light lunch…or light supper and fairly easy to whip up a batch. Perfect when you have a spicy, savoury craving.
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tbsp chopped flat –leaf parsley
1 garlic clove crushed
2 shallots chopped (or spring onions)
1 Jalepeno Chilli Pepper, chopped
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground turmeric
1.5 tsp salt
1. tsp black pepper
550 Ml oil
330g Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Grated zest 1 lime
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Mix the sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Chill.
- Prepare the cauliflower, dividing it into florets. Add to a large pan of boiling salted water and simmer for 15 minutes or until very soft. Drain into a colander.
- Put the coconut flour, chopped parsley, chilli pepper, garlic, shallots(or spring onions), eggs, spices, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk into a batter. When the mixture is smooth, add the warm cauliflower. Mix to break down
cauliflower into the batter.
- Pour oil into a frying pan – 1.5cm depth – and heat. When hot, spoon in generous portions of the cauliflower mixture, 3 tablespoons per fritter. Fry in small batches, controlling oil temperature so the fritters cook but don’t burn. They should take 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with the yoghurt sauce, eat and enjoy!