Zucchini noodles and artichoke in a lemon and feta sauce is a perfect lunch for a summers day. Or a pick me up lunch during a cold, grey day!
This is an easy and quick dish to make. If you don't have a spiralizer, you could cut the zucchini into noodles with a mandolin. Or carefully peel into ribbons.
I whipped this up quickly one lunch time whilst the Chief Taster had "manflu" as I had banned him from any dairy which meant I got to eat this all to myself. I was a hero that day as I struggled through, barely coming up for air as the delicious vegetables and sauce kept me quiet for 5 minutes. The lemon, feta and basil are a perfect summer combination and this sauce could be used for any vegetables, or perhaps chicken or fish. I also think that a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese would not hurt it either.
More zucchini noodle recipes
Zucchini noodles feta lemon sauce
- 2 Zucchinis Medium
- 185g Artichokes (fresh or jar)
- 1/2 cup (75g) Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic Peeled & chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons Basil fresh, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the ends of the zucchini and put them through a spiralizer to make noodles.
- Heat two teaspoons of butter in a frying pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Cook the noodles in the butter, stirring occasionally until slightly soft and golden.
- Add the artichokes to the zucchini noodles and stir thoroughly.
- Heat the remaining two teaspoons of butter in a saucepan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the feta, lemon juice and cream and stir until combined.
- Add the chopped basil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and serve.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info half recipe: 389 Calories, 31g Fat, 21g Total Carbs, 11g Net Carbs, 10g Fibre, 8g Protein
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes