Zucchini noodles cooked in a creamy basil spinach sauce makes a quick dish in under 30 minutes. A dish of green goodness in a bowl.
I have made this sauce a few times and love the added flavour that basil gives to this sauce. There’s a local grown basil in our supermarkets that smells and tastes so good I just had to make a sauce with it. So, threw it into some spinach one night and voila! An easy supper dish was made.
This zucchini noodles dish is great by itself but can be served with chicken or prawns. I’ve made this with both for the Chief Taster and both dishes disappeared in record time. At least he didn’t try to lick the plate clean.
I have not used basil with spinach before but will do this more often as the basil really added to the dish. However, it will depend upon the quality of the basil. You need a bunch that has a great aroma and a powerful taste. I squeal with excitement when our basil hits the supermarket as it tastes better than the one I grow myself.
If you don’t have a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles, then try making ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Or just make a pot of sauce and pour it over chicken or fish! The sauce is good enough to eat by itself!
Zucchini Noodles in Spinach Basil Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 1 cup Spinach fresh or frozen
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add the zucchini noodles and gently cook for 8-10 minutes
- Stir in the cream cheese, spinach and basil and stir until the cream cheese has become a sauce.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, season with the salt & pepper and give a final stir.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.