A savoury muffin made with coconut flour, keeping it low in carbs, gluten free and high in fibre. The flavour combination of tomato, basil and Parmesan cheese make this a delicious breakfast or snack.
I keep playing with my favourite savoury muffin recipe as I adore them as an alternative to bread rolls with soup and also for a "on the go" breakfast. I am not hungry when I wake up, but by the time I have suffered the morning commute I am, so they are perfect to munch on then. This version is fresh with tomato and basil and a dash of Parmesan. Since this is made out of coconut flour it is very filling and is perfect for keeping you going all morning. Coconut Flour Muffins
Savoury Coconut Flour Muffins
My tip is to bake a batch of them and keep them in the freezer. Take one out before you go to work and by the time you get there, it should be ready to eat (or you can zap it in the microwave for a hot treat). You are then set for the day!
OTHER SAVOURY MUFFINS TO TRY:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Tomato, Basil & Parmesan Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water, pepper and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the grated Parmesan, tomatoes and basil and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you wish (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information