A savoury muffin made with coconut flour, keeping it low in carbs, gluten free and high in fibre. The flavour combination of tomato, basil and Parmesan cheese make this a delicious breakfast or snack.
I keep playing with my favourite savoury muffin recipe as I adore them as an alternative to bread rolls with soup and also for a "on the go" breakfast. I am not hungry when I wake up, but by the time I have suffered the morning commute I am, so they are perfect to munch on then.
This version is fresh with tomato and basil and a dash of Parmesan. Since this is made out of coconut flour it is very filling and is perfect for keeping you going all morning.
How to make keto tomato basil muffins
These keto savoury muffins with coconut flour are an easy recipe to make. It's effortless to make a batch.
- In a medium bowl add the melted butter, eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake until firm and golden.
All you need to make these tomato basil muffins are a few ingredients. All part of a staple low carb pantry too!
Bake a batch of them and keep them in the freezer. Take one out before you go to work and by the time you get there, it should be ready to eat (or you can zap it in the microwave for a hot treat). You are then set for the day!
More low carb savoury muffins to bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This post was originally posted in March 2013. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Tomato, Basil & Parmesan Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water, pepper and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the grated Parmesan, tomatoes and basil and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you wish (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!