I love a savoury muffin for breakfast and find that these made with coconut flour are filling and keep me going until lunchtime.
They are also lovely the next day, split into two and toasted. Sometimes it can be hard to keep coming up with a variety of healthy breakfast ideas, so make a batch of savoury muffins for a change. Mind you, these do not have to be for breakfast, you can eat them whenever you want.
I use fresh spinach, but you could use frozen spinach and defrost it.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Butter, unsalted melted
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 100 Grams Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese Cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Black olives Cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cook the spinach in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil until wilted and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend.
- Add the Parmesan and Feta cheese, herbs, olives, spinach and tomatoes and blend well.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!