Make sure you use ripe, succulent tomatoes to give this soup the rich flavour it deserves. The roasting of the tomatoes brings out their flavour and add some basil and voila! you have got yourself a tasty and satisfying soup.
3 cloves garlic
1 onion, peeled and cut in half
1/2 cup basil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place with the sliced side face up in a roasting tin.
- Add the garlic and onion and drizzle with olive oil. Season and roast for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly browned but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven and place into a saucepan.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the basil and simmer for 10 minutes, then puree in a blender.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!