This keto stuffed crust pizza uses my current favourite low carb and gluten-free coconut flour dough and is full of cheesy goodness. The edges of the pizza are full of cheese in every bite!
Enjoy this pizza for a Friday night with a movie or even Game night! You may not want it share it thought, once you have had a slice or two.
The flexible coconut flour pizza dough is wrapped round mozzarella sticks and baked. What topping you want to use is all you!
How to make a keto stuffed crust pizza
This is an easy low carb pizza recipe to make but you must ensure that the mozzarella sticks are covered well. You don't want the cheese crust to ooze out and leave you with a plain pizza.
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Add the wet and work into a dough. Let the dough cool a bit before you handle it as you don't want to burn your hands!
- Roll out into a circle.
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half and place inside the pizza base in a circle.
- Fold the pizza base over the cheese sticks.
- Bake the base for 15 minutes
- Add the Marinara sauce and toppings.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake.
This is an easy recipe which I've adapted from my coconut flour and pysllium husk powder pizza base.
To keep the circular shape of the stuffed crust bake the pizza in a pie dish or spring form cake tin.
If you are a fan of Fathead dough, this pizza could be adapted with that crust. It's a lot of cheese though!
Cheddar cheese sticks could be used for the crust filling instead of mozzarella.
More low carb pizza recipes to enjoy
This recipe was originally posted in September 2016. I've updated the content and photos but the recipe remains the same.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Add the melted butter and egg and mix thoroughly until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Boil the water and add to the mixture a bit at a time, stirring thoroughly until you have a dough.
- Roll out the dough in between two layers of parchment paper in a circular shape.
- Place the sticks of mozzarella around the edges of the dough and fold the dough over them, making sure that they are sealed.
- Place the pizza on a baking tray or pizza tray. Keep it on the parchment paper it has been rolled out on.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, spoon Marinara sauce on it and add toppings of choice. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!