This low carb pizza is made from almond flour making it low carb, paleo and gluten free. A healthier version of pizza that tastes good too.
If I told you that this was exactly the same as a doughy pizza, I would be lying. If I said that this was the best low carb and gluten free alternative I have made so I would be 100% truthful.
This is so far, my favourite low carb and gluten free pizza base and was met with happy munching from my tasters. Gorgeously low carb and gluten free too! Very easy to make...who needs to pound out dough when you can whip up a lovely pizza like this.
I buy big bags of almond flour from Amazon but you could easily just grind up almonds in a food processor or you may be lucky enough to purchase "ground almonds" in your supermarket. They are the same thing really.
When you have made the dough, my tip is to dampen your hands before pressing it out on the parchment paper. It is a sticky dough and I find that damp hands help. You could try rolling it out between two sheets of parchment paper but it might be a bit sticky.
Almond Flour Pizza
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl together to make a dough. Form into a ball.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with greased proof or parchment paper. Spread out the dough mixture across the paper. It will be sticky, so I find having damp hands helped.
- Bake the crust for 10 – 15 minutes until lightly golden.Remove from the oven and spread over your toppings. Place back in the oven and cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes