Pancakes do not have to be sweet all the time so change it up with this savoury chia pancakes recipe. Made with coconut flour and chia seeds making it a nutritious start to the day.
Since I seem to associate eating pancakes for breakfast I will declare this to be a healthy start to the day. If you are munching spinach and chia seeds it can only be a good start. This is a delicious savoury pancake that is great by itself but would be wonderful with a sprinkling of cheese on top too!
I like the green colour of the pancake too..nothing like a coloured start to the day. Or for lunchtime. Or even supper!
Spinach and Chia Pancakes (coconut flour)
1 cup spinach, finely chopped
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn black pepper
1/2 tspn ground nutmeg
Butter/coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the eggs until frothy, then add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the spinach and blend well.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter/oil and spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown. When bubbles are coming through the batter, that’s the time to flip them over.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes about 4-6 pancakes.
Nutrition: Per Pancake: 275Calories; 18g Fat; 10g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carb
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes