Pancakes do not have to be sweet all the time so change it up with this savoury chia pancakes recipe. Made with coconut flour and chia seeds making it a nutritious start to the day.
Since I seem to associate eating pancakes for breakfast I will declare this to be a healthy start to the day. If you are munching spinach and chia seeds it can only be a good start. This is a delicious savoury pancake that is great by itself but would be wonderful with a sprinkling of cheese on top too!
I like the green colour of the pancake too..nothing like a coloured start to the day. Or for lunchtime. Or even supper!
OTHER PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
Peanut Flour Pancakeshttps://divaliciousrecipes.com/peanut-flour-pancakes/
Spinach & Chia Pancakes
- 1 cup spinach, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the eggs until frothy, then add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the spinach and blend well.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter/oil and spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown. When bubbles are coming through the batter, that's the time to flip them over.
- Eat and enjoy!