A sweet keto and low carb pancake made with coconut flour and chia seeds. Coconut and lime start your breakfast with a tropical taste!
I had made savoury keto pancakes with chia seeds, so needed to balance it with a sweet pancake. I am a big fan of the flavour combinations of coconut and lime so threw these into the bowl. Delicious! This makes an amazing breakfast or could be a lovely dessert. A tasty way to sneak some chia into your diet. I can always distract the Chief Taster with coconut!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup erythritol or other sweetener
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Juice & grated rind of 1 lime
- Butter/coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the eggs until frothy, then add the coconut milk, lime juice and rind and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter/oil and spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown. When bubbles are coming through the batter, that's the time to flip them over.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition: Per Pancake: 230 Calories; 19g Fat; 7g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb