Peanut flour pancakes are a simple recipe to make out of that jar of peanut flour you have in your cupboard, wondering what to make with it. Apart from smoothies. A great low carb and gluten free breakfast that is easy to make.
These peanut flour pancakes are a wonderful Sunday morning breakfast as they are filling as well as being delicious. They are a welcome reward for a long walk on the beach with the dogs. Especially as we get up early to walk them. I will cook a batch of these then crawl back to bed for a “power nap”.
Peanut flour makes a light and delicious low carb and gluten free pancake. You could make them as thick as you want them, but we have them just above a light thickness. This mixture would be great in a waffle machine too. I am hunting for a waffle machine over the island but have yet to find one. There must be one in a small corner shop somewhere. Well, that’s what I keep telling myself! It’s the same scenario as hunting down a spiralizer on the island. I found one once in a hardware store when I was looking for paint. A rather strange collection but hey, welcome to island shopping!
Peanut Flour Pancakes
I adore these peanut flour pancakes with a side of cream and berries. I low carb chocolate sauce would be delicious but I haven’t had any prepared. Some cocoa powder with cream and sweetener would make a great sauce. Perhaps next time when I am not in the “feed me now!!” moment back from a walk.
I have kept this pancake recipe simple for you to play around with. Go crazy and add chocolate chips, some spices or just have them plain and smothered with butter!! Either way, cook, eat and enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons (23g) Peanut flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter/oil for cooking
- In a bowl place the peanut flour, baking powder and salt together and mix.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and erythritol (or sweetener of your choice) and mix well until a thick batter is produced.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently spoon about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the frying pan and cook until bubbles have appeared and the mixture seems firm (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!