Black forest pancakes that are made with cream cheese and a touch of flaxseed. Delicious for breakfast, brunch, dessert or a general pick me up!
I've just added a couple of of items to the cream cheese pancake to make a Black Forest version for a healthy but decadent dessert. Or breakfast if you wish. This is good for gluten free and low carbers too. I made these pancakes mini ones as the mixture can yield a delicate pancake. So only dropped a teaspoon of mixture into the hot pan.
100g cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs, separated
1/4 tspn salt
1 tblspn ground flax seed
1 tblspn erythritol (or sweetner of your choice)
1 tblspn cocoa powder
1 cup cherries, destoned
Whipped cream to serve
2 tblspn butter
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Put egg yolks in a separate bowl, add the cocoa powder, salt, flax and erythritol, and mix well. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Heat a pan and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour a tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the pan and flatten them down into pancake sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn over to cook on other side.
- Remove from pan, layer with cherries and cream.
- Eat and enjoy!