Black forest pancakes that are made with cream cheese and a touch of flaxseed. Delicious for breakfast, brunch, dessert or a general pick me up!
I've just added a couple of of items to the cream cheese pancake to make a Black Forest version for a healthy but decadent dessert. Or breakfast if you wish. This is good for gluten free and low carbers too. I made these pancakes mini ones as the mixture can yield a delicate pancake. So only dropped a teaspoon of mixture into the hot pan.
Black Forest Pancakes
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs separated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup cherries pitted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit or other low carb sweetener
- ½ cup whipping/heavy cream whipped
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Put egg yolks in a separate bowl, add the cocoa powder, salt, flax and low carb sweetener, and mix well. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Heat a pan and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour a tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the pan and flatten them down into pancake sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn over to cook on other side.
- Remove from pan, layer with cherries and cream.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.