A rosewater and pistachio flavoured muffin made with coconut flour. Flavours of the Middle East in a moist muffin. Gluten free and low carb.
I love the flavour combination of rose and pistachio and I love a good coconut flour muffin. So I combined them all for a lovely light but flavour-some muffin. Makes a nice taste change too. This is my favourite coconut flour muffin/cake recipe. It’s easy to make and is a light, fluffy cake. Who needs that nasty wheat stuff when you have coconut flour?!!
I only used 1/4 cup of pistachio nuts but you might want to add more if you want a really nutty muffin. Do not go too crazy with the rose water as it has a strong flavour. The aroma of these muffins making was glorious. I love it when food doubles up as an air freshener. You can’t say that about cooking onions, or sadly cauliflower.
Rosewater & Pistachio Muffins
- 1/4 Cup (28g) coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) erythritol or other sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1/4 cup (30g) pistachios chopped
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Combine the coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, pistachio nuts and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, rose water and coconut milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend well.
- Spoon into muffin liners
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until firm.
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!