Tiramisu cupcakes that are flavoured with coffee with a delicious dollop of cream on top. At only 2g net carbs each one you can enjoy happily.
Oh where do I start with these....my favourite cupcakes to come out of my kitchen so far...but then again, anything slavered with cream and sprinkled with cocoa powder has my vote. This was inspired by the goddess of all domestic things, being Martha Stewart. I was drooling through her cupcake recipes and thought how could I make this suitable for gluten free, coconut flour?
So I used a coconut flour recipe for the cupcakes and slighty changed it for my own selfish, Tiramisu wanting needs. No need for my Chief Taster on this on as I give them the personal "omg!" thumbs up. He was lucky to taste these as I guarded them like a Tigress over her cubs.
As with regular tiramisu you could add coffee liqueur to them if you wished. Add a couple tablespoons to the coffee dip. Feel free to take this and add your own tiramisu spin to this.
I remade these recently as part of my improve the old rubbish photos for my older recipes and kicked myself for not making them again sooner. They are just delicious. I will recommend that you taste the coffee mixture before you pour it over the cupcakes as mine was as strong as five espressos and a bit bitter for other people's taste. So that's why the lovely team at my vets didn't get to taste test them. They may have been a bit too wired.
I sent the Chief Taster a photo of my recent tiramisu cupcakes and was told to stop it. The lack of my baking is starting to hurt him. I suspect when he picks me up from the airport there will be a clutter of baking tins and ingredients in the back of the car!
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup (56g) melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (113g) coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup (28g) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coffee strong or espresso
- 2-3 teaspoons erythritol
- 1/2 cup (60g) double cream
- 100 grams mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the melted buter, coconut milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk). It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
- Place the batter into cupcake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- Mix the coffee and erythritol together until dissolved. Pour over the cupcakes and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Whip the double cream and then mix with the mascarpone. Spread over the cupcakes as a topping.
- Dust with the cocoa powder and keep in the fridge until served.
- Eat and enjoy!