Red velvet cupcakes made with coconut flour make a delicious low carb and gluten free option. Decorated with a cream cheese topping makes them extra tempting.
I love the bright colour of red velvet cupcakes. This recipe should give you a lovely moist cupcake. The topping is made out of cream cheese and these should be stored in the refrigerator.
This red velvet cupcake mixture is very moist without being too "eggy". The addition of coconut oil and coconut milk help with ensuring that you have firm, yet light cupcake.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Red Velvet Cupcake
- 3.53 oz Cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup Butter, unsalted softened
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Add the red food colouring and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk). It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
- Place the batter into cupcake cases ¾ of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Allow to cool
- Make the Topping
- For the cream cheese topping, mix the cream cheese, erythritol, vanilla extract and butter until soft with no lumps. (Mix with a blender if it's easier).
- Smother the cupcakes with the topping!
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.