Low carb pancakes that are just moreish and made out of Ricotta cheese, with added flaxseed to sneak a bit into your diet too!
The cinnamon and nutmeg add to the sweetness but this is something you could play around to flavour it to your own tastes. Lemon would be nice with some blueberries served on the side. Just so yummy...low carb has never tasted so good!
1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
2 tblspns ground flax seed
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn ground cinnamon
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
2-3 tblspns erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice).
2 tblpsn butter
- Beat the egg and then add the ricotta cheese and blend well.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of butter in a frying pan.
- Place a large tablespoon of the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until the edges are slightly browning, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Makes about 3 pancakes.
- Eat and enjoy!!
Nutrition: Per Pancake: 151 Calories; 14g Fat; 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb