A pumpkin gratin recipe with goats cheese makes a rich and delicious side dish.
It is the season of the great pumpkin Charlie Brown! The two flavours of sweet pumpkin and creamy tangy goats cheese blends very well resulting in a gorgeous low carb, gluten free dish! You could have this as a main supper dish with a side salad (or by itself), or a side dish. I think this would be a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas as it has a rich, creamy and strong flavour. Go on, impress your friends/family/fellow Divas..whip up a dish of this!
- 450 g pumpkin
- 20 g butter
- 200 g firm goats cheese cut into slices
- 30 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the skin from the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into even sized pieces. Cook in boiling water until tender, then drain and mash with the butter.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, then transfer half of the mixture to a shallow gratin dish. Top with the goats cheese and spoon the rest of the pumpkin on top, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy!