An easy shrimp zucchini salad is a perfect keto summer dish. Full of flavour, colour and texture it's delicious warm or cold.
Ready in under 30 minutes you could make this salad on the BBQ as you entertain and enjoy good company. Although it is a simple low carb salad, you could add other ingredients to this, like Feta cheese or fresh basil.
How to make this keto salad
This is an old recipe that I used to make many years ago when we lived in Dubai. The shrimp there were huge and the size of your fist. We called them prawns, other call them shrimp but for this recipe, let's call them shrimp. Dubai spoilt the Chief Taster with it's massive shrimp expectations and each time we eat out in the Caribbean and shrimp is on the menu, he quizzes the staff on the size of the shrimp. Let it go honey.
Keto shrimp and recipes are often served with the zucchini in noodle form. The recipe is a change to that with slices of zucchini cooked on a griddle pan or the BBQ. Shrimp is also cooked on the same pan, then served over a leafy salad with a lemon and garlic dressing. Simple, quick and delicious.
How to serve this shrimp zucchini salad
You can serve this salad as a hearty main or serve smaller portions as a side salad with a steak dinner. I've served this as a side dish for some of my famous BBQ's too.
Other seafood recipes to enjoy
This recipe was originally published in 2011. I've updated the recipe and the photos.
Shrimp Zucchini Salad
- Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- 2 medium zucchini
- 15 shrimps peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Mixed salad leaves/lettuce
Make the dressing
- Mix the lemon, oil, mustard and garlic in a bowl. Whisk lightly and set aside.
Cook the zucchini & shrimps
- Chop the zucchini into large chunks
- Place the zucchini in a bowl and lightly toss the pieces in the olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan or fire up the BBQ.
- Cook the zucchini on the pan for about 3 minutes each side until they are lightly charred.
- Set the zucchini aside in a bowl.
- Cook the prawns on the pan for about 5 minutes, turning them over to ensure that they are cooked.
- Add the prawns and salad leaves to the zucchini and pour the dressing in. Lightly toss and serve immediately.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.