A summer salad with prawns, zucchini and lemons! Perfect for a bbq or indoors when it's raining outside!
I cooked this for a recent bbq and it soon disappeared which I took to be a sign of approval. Mind you, I used large prawns that are usually a crowd pleaser. As a vegetarian, what do I know..I cannot taste it, I just guess the flavours and hope for the best. A clean bowl/plate is the best indication that it was well received!
2 small lemons, peeled, flesh roughly chopped, membranes removed
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tspn Dijon mustard
2 tspn olive oil
2 large zucchini (courgettes), cut into chunks
15 large prawns, peeled, deveined, (tails intact)
1 bag of salad of choice
- Mix the lemon, sour cream, mustard and 1 tablespoon warm water in a large bowl, then season.
- Cook the zucchini (courgette) on a medium bbq or on a chargrill pan. Cook, turning once, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred and slightly softened.
- Add zucchini to the bowl with the dressing.
- Cook prawns, in batches, on the bbq or chargrill pan for 5 minutes or until cooked through on both sides.
- Add the prawns and salad leaves to the bowl with the zucchini, then toss and serve.
- Eat and enjoy!