This keto turtle cheesecake is light and creamy with all the flavours of a Turtle candy. Made with a keto caramel sauce, this cheesecake is also gluten free.
A chocolate almond flour base is covered with a rich cheesecake with swirls of caramel and chopped pecans. All topped with pecans, drizzled with a chocolate ganache and more sugar free caramel sauce. Best of all, this is a no bake keto cheesecake recipe.
Turtles are a USA candy that are made with pecans and caramel sauce covered in chocolate. The shape looks like a turtle, hence the name. Utterly delicious and hard to stop at just one. I’m delighted that we can make sugar free versions and a keto turtle cheesecake version!
Carbs in Pecans
Pecans are a great low carb nut with 1 oz (28g) having just 1g net carbs. They are great in desserts, salads, ground up and used for cookies or a crust for fish and chicken.
Making a keto turtle cheesecake
Making this no bake keto turtle cheesecake recipe is easy with the hardest thing waiting for it to firm up in the fridge before you can cut yourself a slice. As with most no bake cheesecakes you should wait about 4 hours of it chilling in the fridge but ideally it should be left to firm overnight.
Notes on the ingredients are:
- Brown Sweetener - I used the new low carb brown sweetener from Besti. It's a combination of monk fruit and allulose and perfect for a healthy brown sugar substitute.
- Keto Caramel Sauce - I use my sugar free caramel sauce which is just brown low carb sweetener, butter and cream.
- Sour Cream - Some cheesecakes are not complete without sour cream. However, you could leave this out and increase the amount of whipping cream by a quarter of a cup.
- Chocolate - For the chocolate sauce, try to use either Lilly's sugar free chocolate chips or chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids.
This no bake cheesecake will store in the fridge up to 5 days, if you can last that long.
If you freeze this cheesecake, ensure that it is defrosted in the fridge before serving.
More no bake keto cheesecakes
Keto Turtle Cheesecake
Chocolate Sauce Topping
- 2 oz chocolate high cocoa solids
- 4 tablespoons cream heavy
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- ¾ cup pecans whole
Make the Base
- Line an 8-inch spring form cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa, brown sweetener and chopped pecans.
- Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and press down until firm and even.
- Place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
Make the Filling
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the brown sweetener, vanilla, sour cream and salt and continue to whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk the heavy cream until you have firm, peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the caramel sauce and pecans into the mixture and gently fold.
- Place the filling on top of the base and chill overnight.
Make the Chocolate Sauce
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan and remove from the heat before it boils. (You could heat the cream in the microwave too).
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour the cream over it. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Set aside to cool before using.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform tin
- Place the pecans on the top (arrange them as you wish). They can be whole or chopped.
- Drizzle the caramel and chocolate sauce over the pecans.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.