These no bake keto almond joy cheesecake squares are a delicious cheesecake version of the coconut chocolate bars.
I’ve made the base for this no bake cheesecake chocolate in flavour to imitate the chocolate bar flavour of chocolate and coconut. The coconut cheesecake filling is then topped with a chocolate ganache with an almond on each square. The idea was to surround the coconut cheesecake with a chocolate flavour.
To me, Almond Joys are a Bounty bar with an almond on the top. Both delicious and very tempting. I have a low carb version of a Bounty bar, so thought I’d do a spin on the flavours of an Almond Joy for this easy low carb dessert recipe.
I found this such an easy no bake cheesecake to make and it can be made ahead of serving. I kept it in the fridge overnight and we enjoyed a square for breakfast! The upside of taste testing and trying to take photographs before the sun disappeared! These delicious squares were a creamy combination of coconut and chocolate with a hint of almond. Remove the almond, replace the almond extract with coconut extract and you have a Bounty Cheesecake!
Keto Almond Joy Cheesecake Tips
These squares are rather large and it you wanted to reduce the net carbs, cut the cheesecake into smaller squares.
The topping is a chocolate ganache but could be replaced with a melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture.
Make sure you use a powdered low carb sugar substitute, especially in the base. As it is a no bake cheesecake, you will end up with a granular texture if not. If you can’t purchased powdered erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice), run the granular through a coffee grinder or food processor.
This could be baked in a 8-inch springform cake tin if you wanted for a traditional circular cheesecake shape. Thinner slices would need an adjustment on the nutritional values.
OTHER CHEESECAKE RECIPES TO ENJOY
No Bake Keto Almond Joy Cheesecake
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted unsalted
- 1/2 cup erythritol, powdered
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cream, whipping
- 1/2 cup erythritol, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup cream, whipping
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened low sugar chocolate
- 9 almonds
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
Make the Cheesecake Crust
- Line a 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper with the edges hanging over for easy removal later.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa, powdered erythritol and almond flour.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly and evenly.
- Place in the fridge to firm whilst making the cheesecake filling.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Whip the cream cheese and cream together until smooth.
- Add the erythritol and almond extract. Mix well.
- Gently add the coconut and stir well.
- Spoon the coconut cheesecake mixture over the base and spread out evenly.
- Place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the topping
Make the Chocolate Topping
- Put the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Gently heat the cream and before it begins to boil, pour the cream over the chocolate chips and stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted. Allow to cool.
Assemble the Cheesecake
- Pour the chocolate topping over the cheesecake and let chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Decorate with the almonds and perhaps a dash of coconut too.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.