Just 3 ingredients are used to make these low carb baked pickles. They are very easy to make and a great appetiser or snack.
Breadcrumbs are often used for fried and baked pickles but to make this dish low carb and gluten free I used a mix of Parmesan cheese and almond flour. You could add more spices and herbs to this mixture, but I kept mine plain. I think I would enjoy a batch with chilli powder would be tasty.
The pickle slices are moist enough to dip into a coating for the coating to stick. If you wanted an extra layer of coating, dip the pickles into beaten egg then dip them into the coating a couple of times.
Keto Oven Fried Pickles
I used pickle slices but am sorely tempted to try this again with pickle spears. They would be good for dipping or even in place of fries. Now that’s a delicious idea!
To serve with the baked pickles, you could try a mayonnaise or creamy cheese dip. I had mine with some low carb mayonnaise with a dash of hot sauce. A creamy dill sauce would be a good choice but since my homegrown dill is still tiny seedlings, I had to reach for the hot sauce instead.
Other Snacks You May Enjoy
- 15 Pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- In a shallow bowl or plate mix the Parmesan and almond flour.
- Dip the pickle slices into the mixture and ensure both sides are coated.
- Place the pickles on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for a further 10 minutes.