Cheese taco shells are a great grain free and low carb option for you to enjoy a loaded taco shell. They are very easy to make and delicious to eat too!
This is simply another way of using the Parmesan cheese nests and fashioning them into a taco shell shape. This way the tacos are low carb and gluten free. And a perfect taco shell for cheese fans!
You could also use a mix of different cheeses to make these cheese taco shells. Parmesan can be a strong tasty cheese so may not be for everyone. Perhaps a mixture of Cheddar cheese with Parmesan instead.
As the tacos are made with cheese they are very low in carbs too. Fried, dried cheese never tasted so good!
For the filling, I cooked up a mixture of garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes and chilli with some spicy seasoning for the vegetarian option. This mixture was put into the taco shell, grated cheese and sour cream put on top and voila! The husband had the same but with the addition of minced chicken to his filling. You could fill the taco shells with whatever filling you choose and slather it with any topping too!
Cheese Taco Shells
- 2 cups (200g) Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Mix the cayenne pepper into the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a small frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- Scatter the Parmesan cheese all over the frying pan, covering it with a thin layer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then flip over to the other side and cook this for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the cooked cheese from the pan and place over a rolling pin (or something circular). Leave to cool.
- Remove and voila! A cheesy Taco Shell!
- Fill with your choice of vegetables/meat/fish, eat and enjoy!