Welcome to my red velvet pancakes recipe made with coconut flour. They are great for breakfast and dessert.
Baked with coconut flour these red velvet pancakes are only 3g net carbs each. I made small to medium pancakes with this batter as anything bigger is a challenge for me to flip them. How do people flip effortlessly with a pan and not a spatula and a spoon is a mystery to me!
Bright colourful pancakes that taste yummy, what a great way to start the day! Full of fibre they will keep you going all morning too! Sweet enough by themselves but feel free to pour cream, over them!
I found that the colour of these pancakes varied with different food colouring. I had made a batch of these a couple of years ago and they turned out bright pink. I can’t recall going crazy with the food colouring but these time the colour was a more muted red velvet colour. You can change the colour of yours when you mix the batter. If it’s not bright enough, drop some more colour.
Can I use Almond Flour?
If you want to enjoy these red velvets pancakes using almond flour it is as easy as using a tasty almond flour keto pancake recipe and adding the same amount of cocoa powder and food colouring as this recipe.
Other Pancake Recipes to Enjoy:
Red Velvet Pancakes
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol or low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Redfood colouring
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter
- Whisk the eggs until frothy
- Then add the coconut milk and sugar substitute. Beat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the coconut oil and mix into a batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Ladle small amounts of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear. Then flip over the pancake and cook on the other side until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com