A keto seed bread baked with 3 types of seeds gives you a slice of bread with a crunch and texture. High in fibre and low in carbs at only 3g net carbs a slice.
This keto bread is baked with coconut flour and psyllium husk powder which makes a good low carb version of bread. The psyllium husk powder replaces the gluten. Add the apple cider creating a bit of a lift to the mixture too.
I have a nut bread recipe in the archives but wanted a bread just with seeds. The fact that I only had seeds in the cupboard had no correlation on this baking decision at all…. Nor the fact that I came across a huge packet of pumpkin seeds at a reasonable price.
The seeds add such a great crunch to the bread, they take what could be a bland keto bread (they can be at times) to a hearty slice. I enjoyed this sliced and slathered with butter. Simple and tasty. Sliced and toasted, this keto seed bread is great for breakfast too.
You could happily use this keto bread mixture to make bread rolls. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my baking list. It should make about 6 rolls.
Chia seeds were added to the pumpkin and sunflower seeds as although they are tiny, there are a powerhouse of nutrients and fibre. Adding seeds to your keto bread is a way of pushing up the nutrition and antioxidants in your food. As well as enjoying a satisfying crunch!
Other Bread Recipes To Try
Keto Seed Bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line the bottom of a loaf tin with a strip of parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, flaxseed flour, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and blend well. (Save a couple of tablespoons of the pumpkin & sunflower seeds for the top of the bread)
- Add the eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Add the oil and work the mixture until combined and slightly sticky.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into mixture and stir it through. The dough may bubble up and change colour due to the chemical reaction of the vinegar but don't be alarmed!
- Add the water, a bit at a time until you have a dough-like texture.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan, smoothing it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved tablespoons of seeds over the loaf mixture.
- Bake for 30 - 35 mins.